first world problems


Alright, so work was super busy last week, and I didn't have time to update--I considered updating from home, but after the work days I was having, there was just no energy. I didn't get any pictures of chicks on Chick Day. I WENT, but it was so unbelievably crowded that just thinking about going into the store made me very nervous. I don't know when I became such a delicate flower when it comes to that level of crowdedness, but I get panicky. And even if I wasn't a wuss, I probably still wouldn't have gone in; I had only 20 minutes until my hair appointment, and there wasn't time to fight my way to the chicks, take photos, and fight my way out. So I ran. The haircut went v. well; I am quite pleased with the results. I will take a photo at some point but haven't done it yet. See also: Super Busy Work Week and Resulting Tiredness.

Speaking of crowds, Sunday we went to IKEA. I was excited to go, because we hadn't been to an IKEA in 10+ years, and they had a loveseat that we could get into the upstairs tv room (needs assembly): the Karlstad, with brown cover. It turned out to be quite comfortable, in person, so all systems go, right? Wrong. The IKEA site said Seattle had them in stock, but that was a hideous lie (btw, they didn't sell out after we checked availability: the site STILL says they're in stock). We can't buy one online--only at the store--and we were told we couldn't buy one Sunday and pick it up after they're back in stock. Basically we could do nothing but drive two hours, see if the Karlstad loveseat and brown cover were in stock, and buy them if they were. Suck it, IKEA: We found a terrific self-assembly loveseat online, for less money (even including shipping). It's been ordered and will hopefully be on its way to us soon. You are not the only furniture self-assembly game in town, IKEA, and you had best start remembering that when you're turning away customers and their money. Though I WILL say you have some pretty great stuff, including that herring in mustard sauce we bought when we were there. And the mirror. And the magnetic strips that hold the metal spice jars on the wall. Also that shelf Francisco put up in the kitchen, and the pillows and magazine boxes. Dammit, IKEA, I can't stay mad at you;. Let's make out.

Baby Frances has a new stuffed animal horse that she named God. His whole name is God Jesus A., for whatever reason, and on Friday night when we were over at her house I got to meet him. Frances carried him up to me [BroCo prompted her to do it, I think] and said, "This is God". Hey, did you guys know God lives in a purse? I did not know that. That kid is something else.

This morning after I went to work, a guy named Carl came to our house to cut a hole in the garage wall. As far as I understand it, it is only a small hole so he could confirm that the width of the wall is 4 inches. We've hired him to put a door in the wall between the dining area and garage. He's ordering a door that he'll be installing when it arrives, and he needed to confirm the wall width before ordering. After that door is in, there will be a massive reorganization of the garage and house, and hooo baby, things are going to be amazing. I can hardly wait.

Francisco is working nights again, as of today. Because of this, and because his days off changed to Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (they were Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday), we had to change our cleaning ladies to Mondays instead of Wednesdays. BUT they couldn't come this Monday, so our house is dirty for an extra week, until next Monday. It's a horror, but we are bravely soldiering on in the face of adversity. I'm sure you're all pulling for us in this, our time of trials.

The couch was picked up yesterday for the Great Reupholstery of 2009. I don't want the upholstering lady to Rush, but I hope she doesn't dilly dally around because I am excited to get it back from her. Then we will change our furniture around, AGAIN and will be able to wrap up the Cozification Project. Yay!

On Saturday I moved the volcanic rocks from the side of the house to the back of the backyard. It was a bigger project than I thought it would be, but I got it done. My legs were v. sore on Sunday and Monday, because the rock moving required a lot of squatting, and I guess my thighs don't get a lot of squatting, normally. I should probably squat as part of my exercise regimen. I will pencil that in.

I'm having problems with allergies right now. No idea what I'm allergic to, but SOMEthing, for sure. Last night I woke up in a panic because I thought I was swallowing a wedding ring. It took an awful long time to remember that I didn't have a ring in my mouth when I went to bed and therefore could not be swallowing one. PeeEss, I get these dreams when my allergies are kicking up, due to the, uh. Nighttime Drainage. Sorry. I should have began keeping a list when I first started having these dreams, because I've dreamt I've been swallowing some pretty crazy stuff.

Francisco spent some time this morning researching New Zealand and the whole ticket-buying thing. We have enough frequent flier miles for the trip, and we need to book soon, so we can be sure we can use them. He said we'll be flying from Seattle to Los Angeles, from Los Angeles to Seoul, and from Seoul to Auckland. Whee, I'm so excited! I had a few moments of anxiety today about which cameras I can bring, and specifically how many I can cram into my bag without displacing other needed items. I will forgo the Polaroid [*facial expression = noble suffering*] and just take the Smena 6, the Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim, the Nikon D80, and the Nikon Coolpix. Those should cover all possible photographic scenarios.

I didn't take a lunch hour today (ate while working) so I think I'll take my lunch hour at 4:00 and just go home early.This is a good idea, yes?




come over some time & see me - 2011-02-25
let's not say goodbye - 2011-02-23
the Rachel Zoe collection - 2011-02-10
I feel happy today - 2011-02-04
the tiny snow stalker - 2011-01-25

design by simplify