I didn't plan it to be ten; it just turned out that way
You know what isn't fair? That Sharky seems to have pms when I do, and he's NOT A GIRL. Not funny, Universe.
Here are some things I'm looking forward to in the upcoming weeks:
1) QUITTING. I can hardly wait to get out of this racket, and guess who isn't applying for the finaid job opening at CWU (in Ellensburg) right now. That's right, it's me. Only 5 more days in this office, not including today. Sweet.
2) Learning to fish. I bet you thought I'd forgotten I vowed to take up fishing. Well the joke's on you, isn't it? I'ma catch me some trout or something.
3) Having a whole new place to explore and photograph. Holy COW that's going to be fun, and I'm going to do my best to max out my monthly Flickr upload. The most I think I've ever done was 11% of the max upload, and that was in the first month I had the account, so this is a challenge indeed.
4) Exploring the Scablands. Man oh man.
5) The FunJunkie Summer Burn. I have spoken of this before.
6) Being able to sit outside and not be eaten alive by bugs. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I assume that Ellensburg, since it's in a desert, will have substantially fewer biting insects than North Carolina has. I hope I'm not wrong, because I miss hanging around outside.
7) Thrift shopping. Obviously I could do that here, but I'd then have to pack and move my purchases, and I don't want to move anything I don't have to. But lately I've got a powerful yen to go thrift shopping, because it's so much fun.
8) Spending time with family, including our two nieces. That's right, I said two. Stay tuned; there will be news.
9) Maybe getting to plant some tomatoes and herbs real quick once we get to Ellensburg. The frost date isn't until June 1 there anyway, so planting in mid-June wouldn't be Such a late start, as long as the yard gets a lot of sun, which I don't know about. Have to wait and see, I guess.
10) Hiking. Tons and tons of hiking. I'm getting the jimmy legs just thinking about it.
Song of the Day: Beirut -- Postcards From Italy, via the fabulous Max. I'm in love with this song.
design by simplify