the smartass who loves me
Okay, I tried to find the entry where I talked about Francisco's bottle of mixed shampoos and conditioners, which he calls The Noodle Pot, in homage to his dad's practice of cooking a pot of noodles that he alternately kept in the fridge and then heated up on the stove, and into which he also just kept throwing stuff when it got low, but I couldn't find it. Maybe you remember me talking about it, and maybe not, but I'm bringing it up because of what I saw in the shower this morning. The bottle's been there for awhile, but his labeling is new. Francisco is such a smartass. I'm so glad I married him.
I've gotta make this short today, because I've been harried and have run out of time for writing. So I guess a list is in order.
1) I just found out about the existence of the Fox Soccer Channel. I must have it.
2) Esther is getting well, finally. This particular lung infection took a lot longer to start going away, but last night (for the first time in 10 days or so) she didn't cough at all. Francisco and I consequently slept extremely well, and we both feel a lot better than we have for many days. Huzzah!
3) This morning for breakfast I ate a toasted slice of whole grain, semi-Italian style bread, with butter, about 1/3 cup of plain yogurt with a tiny amount of raspberry jam stirred in, and a slice of turkey lunchmeat. It was an unbelievably delicious breakfast and I just wanted to tell you how much I like flavoring plain yogurt myself, because since I stopped eating desserts, a lot of things seem too sweet to me, including yogurt, so I hadn't been eating it. And I like it, so thank dog for plain yogurt.
4) Last week we sent Eric a little care package of foods and such, and he sent us a ho-made cd and a letter on which he'd drawn a creepy NunClown; his own invention--he is obviously very disturbed, but in a good way. I so, so love that NunClown drawing; I'll tape his letter into my paper journal and keep it forever. I Still haven't been able to listen to his cd (see also: harried), but I'm positive I'll love it.
5) This is funny. I didn't realize Roger Ebert was quite as funny as he obviously is.
6) I don't even know what to say about Hurricane Katrina. I just can't even get my head around the destruction it caused, or what the survivors in New Orleans are dealing with right now. It is mind boggling. I hope you and your loved ones are all safe.
design by simplify